How can you tell when your chakras are unbalanced? When you feel that your life is lacking in something, when you are tired, unable to think properly or you feel that you are disconnected, this can be a sign that your chakras are unbalanced.
The chakras are the energy that flows through your body and they are sometimes called a wheel of spinning energy. This energy runs from the top of your head down your spine and throughout your whole body. When your chakras are not balanced, it can cause you to feel emotional or cause you to have physical problems. Being able to understand your chakras can help you to balance your life and your mind.
Balancing Your Chakras
It is easy for you to balance your chakras and you can do it by doing yoga poses or by meditating. Focus on the parts of your body that seem to not be working right and you can see that your chakras can be balanced.
Yoga Poses for the Chakras
The Root Chakra, also called the Muladhara is found at the bottom of the spine. This is where you are grounded to the earth and the place in your body that makes you feel safe and secure.
When your Root chakra is not balanced, you will feel fearful and you will have no confidence in your life. You will feel that you do not belong.
Doing the Mountain Pose can help you to ground yourself and invite the energy to flow through your whole body.
- Stand with your feet apart.
- Put your feet firmly into the ground.
- Let the core become strong and relax your upper body.
- Bring your palms to your heart center.
- Breathe in and out deeply and touch the sky.
- Focus on your energy and on the earth.
- Imagine the Root chakra being covered in red light.
- Close your eyes and let the pose go.
The Sacral chakra, also called the Svadhisthana is found in the lower abdomen and the pelvic area. This is where you find your creativity and you are able to express yourself.
When your Sacral chakra is not balanced, you will feel that you are not pleased sexually and that you are not able to fit in. This chakra gives you joy and if you are lacking joy, it could be blocked.
Doing the Revolved Triangle Pose can help to bring energy and circulate the Sacral energy through your body:
- Do a Pyramid Pose with your hips squared off and your right foot in front of you.
- Put your yoga block inside of the right food and your left hand on the block.
- Put your right hand on your hip and let the hip line up with the other hip.
- Change your hips by moving the torso to the right.
- Put your arms to the sky.
- Breathe in and out and let your spine twist.
- Pay attention to your reproductive organs and imagine an orange light flowing through when.
- Hold and then release the pose.
- Do it on the other side.
Solar Plexus Chakra
The Solar Plexus chakra, also called the Manipura is found in the stomach area. This is close to the belly button and give you willpower and allows you to make good decisions.
This chakra helps you to be in control of your ego and to have self-esteem and identity.
If your chakra is out of balance, you will feel stressed out and you will feel that you are not belonging.
You can do the Boat Pose to help you align your Solar Plexus Chakra and to be strong:
- Sit on the ground with your knees bent.
- Put your hands behind your hips and let your chest come off of the mat.
- Strengthen your core and let your heart stay lifted.
- Focus on your core and allow yourself to see a yellow light surrounding you.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds.
- Repeat 5 times.
The Heart chakra or the Anahata is found in the center of your chest. This is the place where your love and your compassion sit. This is where you can find unconditional love and connect with others.
When your Heart chakra is strong, you can get love from others and give love but when it is unbalanced, you will not be able to connect with others.
Doing the Low Lunge can keep your Heart Chakra balanced:
- Start with the Downward Facing Dog.
- Put your right foot between your hands and put your left knee on the ground.
- Keep your hips in front of the mat.
- Shift your weight to your right food.
- Reach your hands in the sky and stretch your body.
- Deep breathe and feel your heart space filling with green love.
- Hold and then release.
- Repeat on the other side.
The Throat chakra, also called the Vishuddha is found in the throat area. This is the chakra that allows you to communicate and to have confidence when you speak. This chakra also helps you to tell the truth.
Having and unbalanced throat chakra can cause you to have problems with your speaking and can cause you to have sinus problems and ear infections. You can chant and do things to keep this chakra open.
You can do the Chanting pose to help keep your Throat chakra balanced:
- Sit in an Easy Pose and do the Gyan Mudra.
- Deep breath to let the air go through your whole body.
- Exhale and relax.
- Lift your chin and do the Throat Lock.
- Do a chant, “Hum, hum, Brahmi, Hum.”
- Imagine a blue light filling you and taking away your doubt and giving you confidence.
- Chant for about 10 minutes.
Third Eye Chakra
The Third Eye chakra, also called the Anja Chakra, is found in the middle of your forehead. This is where your intuition lies and where you are able to think clearly and know what path to go on in your life.
When your Third Eye chakra is unbalanced, it can cause you to have headaches and to be dizzy or it can cause you to be too egotistical.
The Dolphin pose can help you to keep your Third Eye chakra balanced:
- Do the Downward Facing Dog.
- Let your forearms touch the ground.
- Put your palms with your thumbs facing upward and put them in the mat.
- Rock your chin forward and then back.
- Do this while you imagine energy going into your Third Eye.
- Do this 10 times and then go to the Child’s Pose.
The Crown Chakra, also called the Sahasrara is one of the chakras that help you to open up your energies to the spirit world. This is where you can find inspiration and trust in your life. This is the chakra that connects you with others.
When your Crown chakra is blocked, it can mean that you are not able to reach the spiritual world and that you feel negative about life. The Crown chakra should bring you peace and love and help you to be positive.
Doing the Balanced Butterfly Pose can help you to align your Crown Chakra:
- Kneel on the mat.
- Lift your knees and go onto the balls of your feet.
- Keep your heels together and let your knees be open.
- Bring your hand stop your heart center.
- Raise your hands in the air and hold it.
- Imagine energy and white light flowing through your body.
- Hold for 10 seconds.
Aligning Your Chakras
Make sure that you are balancing your chakras so that you can have peace and joy in your life.
Once you see that your chakras need grounding, you will be able to do different yoga practices in order to balance the chakras that are out of line. This can bring you peace and harmony back into your life.